Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Too old?


Question: When are you too old to go on a bender?

I mean seriously, I just spent the last six days "doing work". It all started last Tuesday and Wednesday in innocent drinking situations that turned deadly. I already commented on the near debacle of Wednesday night.

Thursday I flew out to Colorado. With a flight arrival time of 9:30, I was thinking to myself that things couldn't get too out of hand. I was wrong. Thursday night turned out to be a bachelor night of sorts, except the groom has chosen to avoid all drugs and alcohol because of his teenage wife, so I took the opportunity to make the most of it. Now I don't know if it's because the air was thinner, but the next day I woke up with a pounding headache.

The next day was filled with wedding prep stuff, like getting tux's and decorating, and I made the decision to play it low key because I didn't want to be hurting for the actual wedding day. 10 jack and cokes, and many beers later, at 3 am, in C. Springs very own V bar, my decision to be low key went right out the window.

Anyways, I managed to make it through the wedding day, which was a wonderful day. Highlighted by two young people who were very much in love coming together in a beautiful ceremony. In that cermony, I again managed to do what I do best, get hammered.

Apparently 26 is not too old to go on a bender.

1 comment:

DShan said...

you are seriously ruling the world right now.