Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Unlucky


Alright, so it has to be said early. I like to gamble. I really don't think it's because of the money, I just like to say that I have won. I am super competitive and I hate to lose, and this is precisely why I get ridiculously angry when I lose to my 3 shit talking friends in Silver Strike bowling, a game that consumes way too much of our money, and even more of our time.

Anyways...If i just gambled on my own and risked my own money, and lost on a consistent basis, that would be one thing. If I lost a ridiculous amount of money on my own decisions, which I usually do, and heard about how bad I am at gambling, I could accept that. However, there is something that I have to deal with, which I think is absolutely ridiculous......I get BLAMED by MY FRIENDS, for their losses. If I ever am gambling with people who lose, I get the finger pointed at me for the loss.

Can you believe how ridiculous this rationale is? The claim that my 20 dollars wagered, sparks a chain of events, which changes the outcome of a given event to become the exact opposite of what it would have been prior to my bet, is insane. Being a mathematician, dubbed mathlete by friends, I know that this statement is ludicrous, and is merely the product of people trying to get under my skin. However, it bothers me to be known as "the curse." Nobody wants to accompany someone with that nickname walking off the airplane to Vegas, or sit down next "the curse" before the big bears game, knowing full well, TC (short for "the curse")has money on the bears.

So....What do I do? I continue to bet on my own to prove the doubters wrong. Not wanting to be TC fuels my addiction. As I write this, I'm watching one of the best college bball games of the season come to the end of the 3rd overtime with money on the longhorns, up 1 with 10 seconds...hoping to reverse the curse....I lost on a last second shot, by that bastard hanging on the rim up there...maybe they're right.

No comments: