Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My Underwear


Well, my roommates and I had an interesting conversation the other day. Politics? No. The latest issues facing the world? No. The bears in the Superbowl? Not even that. Our conversation focused on one thing: UNDERWEAR.

Ok this might not seem like that unusual of a topic for a bunch of guys in their middle twenties to talk about. I bet you could see us sitting around talking about crazy women's underwear like thongs and what not, but that wasn't what where it was headed. We were talking about guys underwear, and no, don't worry ladies, not in a gay way.

You see, there's something about me that is a little different for a man my age. Ok, maybe there's a number of things, but specifically related to this topic, I can say with confidence that I'm in the minority, because I still wear tighty whities, or whitey tighties, or however you say it. The sight of my underwear laying on the stairs sparked the conversation between my friends and I.

Now, I cant really explain why this is the case. I must say, I was raised on the whities, so really i'm blaming my mom. Before you truly start to worry about my sexual preference, in my defense, I don't wear them all the time, but only when I work out.

I guess the main reason why I LIKE the whities is because they are comfortable to work out in. As much as I'd like to say that they're comfortable because they help secure my manhood, that's not really the case. I just like em because that's what i'm used to. I will admit, I have what doctors call, a bit of a sweating problem. Without getting to graphic with the details.

Sweat + boxer briefs = NOT COMFORTABLE

I would like to consider myself a large part responsible for keeping briefs around, and I'm proud of it.

Wearing the whities definitely has it's perks. I mean honestly, the t-shirt tucked into the waistband of a good pair of briefs is an instant seducer. At least, if anything else, it gets a good laugh.

So, with pride, I can say, whities will continue on, through yours truly.

No comments: